الاثنين، 28 مارس 2011

Pilgrimage

I will finally visit her; the tree of voices, the messanger of Eywa. I dreamt of our encounter for years. My soul is longing for her songs. I need her to answer my questions and give meaning to my journey. My fathers told me about her wisdom; they promised me to find whatever I am searching for there...under her steady leaves.

Will she accept me? will I be one of the very few chosen ones? will she kiss my forehead like she did with my blessed fathers? When I meet her, I will shut my mouth and grasp whatever she has to say to me. She will guide me, comfort me, and show me the way. My fathers once said, he who is lost is to seek her.

Now, I am standing infront of her. I am very aware of myself and of her; infact the degree of my consciousness annoys me. I am supposed to be drunk on her magical wine. My thoughts are scaterred on insignificient matters. She is old indeed, but wise? I am not certain. How could such a thought enter my mind? "How dare you!", I say to myself ,"I am ought to be thankful and not at all doubtful". Pardon me Eywa for doubting the tree of voices. I force my mind to only focus on her greatness. I wait for her to borrow my soul but she doesnt. Have I angered her? was she testing my faith by keeping me wait? My fathers told me that he who fails any of her tests is to offer the tree of voices a part of his body. I cut a piece of my long hair and spread it on her angry leaves. I waited for some more time and now I am slightly bored. Why didnt she sweep me off my feet and take my breath away? Most importantly, why didnt her charming voice spellbound my spirit? I cant understand the language of her songs. It is definetly not my language.

My pilgrimage to the Tree of Voices only gave me more doubts and unanswered questions. Forgive me Ewya, I couldnt find you where I was told I will. I promise you though, to not settle down till my soul melts in yours...

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق